Pectus Excavatum (PE) is a common congenital deformity affecting 1 in every 300 people. Pectus Excavatum is not preventable, but treatment continues with various methods, including surgery. The Ravitch and Nuss surgical procedures are most commonly suggested to repair PE. Not all PE patients qualify for, or choose to have surgery, but continue to deal with their personal condition.
Many people with PE are unhappy with the way their chests look and seek options for treatment. Bracing options, physical therapy, and extensive exercise can have effective results for many PE patients. Many bracing products, custom made by a specialist or off-the-shelf, provide adequate support but lack the needed circumferential pressure to reduce rib flaring. LaceIT PE design provides added compression to the protruding bone and disperses pressure evenly across and around the brace allowing for greater comfort and effective treatment.
Key features and benefits of the LaceIT PE Brace
- Mesh Foam Design provides circumferential airflow
- Soft foam increases patient comfort and compliance
- Bi-Pull Multi-Plane Closing System patented design amplifies patient closing strength
- Conforms to sagittal and transverse plane ensuring proper fit and patient compliance
- Bi-Pull design eliminates unwanted rotational movement
- Reduced pulling range to achieve needed compression
- Fabric fastener closure in front for easy donning and doffing
- Multiple Sizing options for proper patient fit